Tuesday, May 31, 2005

s**tscraper

"I used to have a drug problem, but now I make enough money so that it's not a problem anymore." - David Lee Roth

There are those that would call for the album 'Skycraper' by David Lee Roth to be re-titled as above, but I am not of that view. 

David Lee Roth - Just Like Paradise


On this track Dave is right there, hanging off the side of a mountain. “Life is good,” he is saying, “live the consumerist dream!”. “Join me”, he urges, “Spend, shag and snort in the fast lane with the top down. Trust me! I have done this before!”

David Lee Roth - Damn Good


Next - imagine this! David Lee Roth is your best mate. You are sitting around the campfire with him and Steve Vai, who plays some kind ‘Stairway to Heaven’ rip off. It sounds good! You are in a reflective mood and realise ‘THESE TIMES ARE DAMN GOOD’. Steve Vai plays an avant guard solo that we need to steal for another song.

I dedicate this one with no irony at all to my fellow Dominoids.

Buy 'Skyscraper'


Join the 'Roth Army'

No comments: