Sunday, January 22, 2006

the final countdown

On the day before the most depressing day of the year, I would like to share with you a beautiful little ditty about the end of the world. Contrast between lyrical and musical content is what is giving me much enjoyment here.

Brainz - Plans And Apologies

It is taken from ‘The Free Dee Pee’ which is freely available for download on the band site. You would be foolish not to go straight there. The lead track is so good it makes me flail wildly about the room like a drunken sixteen year old. (God knows what effect it actually has on your ACTUAL drunken sixteen year old).

Plans and Apologies are a great band that we have done a couple of gigs within the past (I believe we also have another one one coming up soon - check here!). They seem like nice fellows but I wouldn’t really know as I have never actually spoken to them, only having admired their youthful vigour and professionalism from a reserved distance. Perhaps you could ask my more gregarious brother for the lowdown on their personal qualities.

No comments: