Wednesday, April 19, 2006

the earworm vs. the internal ipod

Franco Godi - "Mr Rossi" theme (aka Viva Happiness)

http://youtu.be/fw26fLW_gg4

This is a song that gets heavy rotation in my brain. I don’t know why but I find myself singing it at random times. It’s a great song.

Mr Rossi was on British TV in the mid-to-late 80s (I think), the work of the Italian artist Bruno Bozzetto. Go to his website and watch a few cartoons. The ones online are surprisingly dark and surreal, compared to my memories of the show Mr Rossi Looks for Happiness, which usually involved Mr Rossi going on a random adventure with his soppy dog Harold (Gastone in the original version). Mr Rossi is currently the face of the German National Lottery.

The Internal iPod is very different to the phenomenon of the Earworm, from the German Ohrwurm, a term that applies to a song that gets stuck in your head, usually an annoying one. "Viva Happiness" is a song that I happily chose to put on my internal player!

Visit - Bruno Bozzetto
Visit - German Mr Rossi fan site
Visit - the EarWorm on Wikipedia
Buy - Mr Rossi soundtrack

No comments: