Sunday, May 07, 2006

part company

It seems ironic to use a Robert Forster title for this post but it seemed apt. On Saturday 6th May 2006, Australian singer-songwriter and member of The Go-Betweens Grant McLennan died in his sleep at his home in Brisbane. Adored for their literate and thoughtful pop music The Go-Betweens have gone from strength to strength since their reformation. My brother introduced me to the world of The Go-Betweens and I have loved their subtle music ever since. Grant wrote some of their most memorable songs, I could have picked dozens but these, I feel are some of his best.

The Go-Betweens- Cattle and Cane

The Go-Betweens- Bye, Bye Pride



The Go-Betweens- Apology Accepted



Visit The Go-Betweens

Buy 'Bellavista Terrace'- The Best of The Go-Betweens

No comments: