Tuesday, September 12, 2006

'E's got the hump

It is not false modesty when I admit I'm no great musician, I'm a bit of musical Utility Player, a bit of guitar here, a bit of bass there, even a maraca or two. Inevitably it is the instrument I have least theoretical knowledge of that I play in Johnny Domino, the keyboard. I take solace that I share non-musician status with Brian Eno. I have always loved synths, the older and more gnarly the better. They don't gnarlier than Eno's VCS 3 on the first two Roxy Music album. All the musicians in Roxy were quirky and individualistic but only Eno could unleash the mayhem on 'Editions of You'

Roxy Music- Editions of You



I don't know an awful lot about his later career but any man involved with Devo and Talking Heads can be forgiven U2.

Brian Eno- The Paw-Paw Negro Blowtorch



Buy Roxy Music- For Your Pleasure

Buy Brian Eno- Here Come The Warm Jets

Visit EnoWeb

No comments: